The Peer Wellness Project uses Peer Coaches as allies on the road to recovery and personal health. Peer Coaches provide encouragement and support to help individuals recognize that the active pursuit of personal health can be fun and empowering.
WELL Coaches partner with individuals to identify and create a self-directed HOPE plan ©(Healthy Opportunities through Peer Empowerment) that identifies desired goals for health and wellness.
HOPE plans may include activities such as:
- Walking, Jogging,Weight Lifting
- Swimming, Yoga, Sports
- Smoking cessation and/or Health & Nutritional Classes
- Art, Cooking or Personal Interest Classes
- Assist individuals in identifying goals to maximize their health in body, mind and spirit
- Encourage & monitor progress toward reaching goals
- Seek and share information about wellness activities