Project ABLE contracted with State of Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation services (OVRS) early 2009 to begin offering peer support services to individuals coping with mental health issues.
Currently Project ABLE Peer Employment Mentors are working with over 100 individuals within Marion and Yamhill Counties to provide pre-employment job support.
Individuals working with Peer Employment Navigators receive employment supports, and assistance for their job related needs and goals by:
- Identifying employment goals
- Identifying educational opportunities
- Resume assistance
- Connections to work related sites
- Skill development and volunteer opportunities
- Supports before, during and after successful employment